For Valentine’s Day, Blake and I mix it up every year. With the weather warming up here in LA, I want to spend as much time outside as possible. I always want to chase sunsets with him and what better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than with a perfect beach date. I am excited to be partnering with EXPRESS to share our date night looks and some tips on how to pull off a beach picnic this Valentine’s Day.
Even though our date is casual, I love to get dolled up for date night. Love this flowing version of the little black dress. Dress with a pair of heels and moves in the wind on the beach. Love the silhouette created when I walk. For date night I always take out a little cross body bag to fit my phone, tube of lipstick, and a compact for touch ups. I added a little texture to my look with a stack of bangles. Great way to add a little golden finishing touch to my outfit. Blake wore his go-to date uniform: skinny jeans and a patterned button down. Guys have it easy to look good, am I right?!
Our date will include picking up some fresh market foods for dinner to bring on our picnic. I love easy foods like a cheese plate that don’t take much effort to set up and enjoy. Of course I couldn’t forget the bubbly and some cozy blankets to sit on. My favorite part of the evening is taking a stroll at sunset. Not every Valentine’s has to be in a restaurant. Love the idea of making the California landscape our ultimate date night experience. Below I am sharing some tips on how you can recreate this for your own! Good luck lovers.
Tips for your ultimate beach picnic date night:
- Pick a location that is special to YOU. Blake and I love spending time at the beach so we decided to spend our time there. For a romantic evening, the place needs to have some meaning. Don’t just pick the most expensive restaurant just because. You might not like the atmosphere. Be you.
- Dress with confidence. Whether you are staying in to cook, or headed out to your favorite restaurant, get dolled up! Nothing makes the night more special than looking good and feeling good. Never under estimate the power of a little black dress.
- Be thoughtful. Blake and I don’t usually do gifts for Valentine’s Day. Instead, we always get each other a card. Blake always manages to get me the funniest and most thoughtful cards and usually even hits me with 3 cards! There is something special about planning ahead and getting your significant other a special little card with a hand written note reminding them that you are thinking of them. Such a small gesture that goes a long way.
- For a picnic style date, there are a few things that will make your date more luxiourous. Chances are you bought some pre prepared dishes or snacks and it always looks more elegant when you bring along a couple simple bowls, a wooden cutting board to present some of your snacks, and some real silverware! Don’t forget a cute blanket to sit on and wrap yourself up in when it gets a little chilly.
- For your drink of choice, think what will be fuss free and easy. I am a total champagne girl so that is what I want to be enjoying on Valentine’s Day. My little travel champagne secret is bringing cans of Sofia sparkling wine. They come with straws and individually portioned. Also they are pink and cute. The perfect way to top off your picnic.
This post is a collaboration with EXPRESS
Big thank you for supporting all eat/sleep/wear collabs!
photos by Lindsey Baumsteiger