This is a sponsored post written by me in partnership with Glade®. As always all opinions are my own and hope you enjoy.
Today I am excited to share some at-home-entertaining tips in collaboration with Glade®. I recently had the opportunity to head to Chicago to check out the new Glade® Autumn Collection. To celebrate autumn as a time of transformation, Glade® hosted a one of a kind, interactive event, inspired by fragrance, to tempt guests to discover the glamour and the mystery of the season. One of my favorites is the Rich Pumpkin DreamTM fragrance. Nothing evokes the glamour of the fall season like pumpkin and caramel aromas. Thanks to Glade®, I was inspired to bring some of that glamour into my every day by creating an unexpected happy hour appetizer. Usually you just throw some cheese on a plate and call it a day, but with autumn being a time of transition, it’s the perfect time to step outside your comfort zone and try something new!
- Fresh Flowers. Presentation is everything and being surrounded by beautiful flowers makes for an inviting (and insta worthy!) meal. I love to stick with neutral tones and let the food do the talking.
- Spice up cheeses. Don’t just throw cheese on a plate and call it a day. I had fun with different flavor combinations and created three crostini combinations. Make sure to have a little sweet and a little salty balance to make your taste buds happy. I made ricotta, honey and strawberry, brie and fig jam, and tomato bruschetta as an alternative to cheese and another savory element. These are easy to make ahead of time. I also highly suggest toasting your bread so you have a nice crusty contrast to the cheese.
- Set the mood. I chose the new Glade® Rich Pumpkin Dream™ candle to make my happy hour extra glam. Even though I was getting ready for hosting at home, the candle’s hints of ginger and nutmeg tempted me to create a bold look for the evening. A black and white outfit, paired with some strappy sandals and a red lip and voila – I’m ready! Inspiration can be found here.
- Stock your pantry. I always keep jarred pickles for a great crisp appetizer. I also keep boxes of crackers and canned olives just in case I have someone stop over unexpected. Next time you head to the store, check out the canned aisle for some happy hour lifesavers. Today, the jarred pickles came in handy.
- Don’t forget the meat. I love cured meats for a salty treat and great addition to a creamy sweet cheese. I usually mix salamis and prosciutto.
I could eat an appetizer spread like this for dinner any night of the week. A big thanks to Glade® for inspiring my evening and getting me geared up for fall with its new Autumn Collection. To learn more about the new Glade® Limited Edition Autumn Collection, please visit www.Glade.com and follow Glade® on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
photos by Felicia Lasala