Today I am excited to partner with Alcon and its DAILIES TOTAL1® contact lenses to bring you my ultimate packing guide. As I wrote in my previous post, I have been wearing contact lenses since I was 12 and I cannot function without them. It’s THE most important thing on my packing list. If I forget them… well I might as well turn around. HA! When it comes to packing light, the less I can bring with me the better and that is where these contact lenses come in. Rather than packing all my contact lens solutions and contact lens cases, I can just throw my DAILIES TOTAL1® contact lenses right in my suitcase. It truly saves so much space in my suitcase and I don’t have to run around buying airplane sized products. Most of my trips over the last few months have been weekend getaways. Taking an impromptu trip down the coast is one of our favorite things to do. It’s all about discovering new sights and living freely. To do that, I have to have tricks to be on the go. I have always been a heavy packer in the past, and am excited that I can officially say I pack a great weekend getaway bag. Saving space when packing a carry-on is key and I am excited to share with you my must-pack pieces with you below.
Ask your eye care professional for complete wear, care, and safety information. RX Only.
Alcon DAILIES TOTAL1® contact lenses: Traveling with a set of daily disposable contact lenses makes packing easy. I don’t have to worry about packing contact lens solution bottles, especially when I am packing in a carry on. Want to try them for yourself? Visit DAILIESCHOICE.com to learn about the Alcon DAILIES® Choice Offer and how to save up to $200* on a year’s supply of DAILIES TOTAL1® contact lenses!
*Savings via mail-in or online rebate
1.Bathing Suit + Cover up: No matter if it’s summer time or winter, I always travel with a bathing suit because you never know if your hotel will have a hot tub to take a dip in or a beautiful infinity pool to lounge during the day. Always come prepared. (Remember to remove your contact lenses before swimming.)
2. Laptop: For someone that is constantly working, it’s essential to bring my laptop on travels to be keeping up with my business and editing photos from our adventures. I know some people choose to leave their tech at home, but this laptop comes with me all over the world.
3. Jeans: For a weekend trip, you really need to pick and choose your clothing options. I like to wear a pair of jeans while traveling and pack another different color or style denim in my suitcase. I always pack a pair of black skinny jeans. They are perfect to transition from day to night.
4. Silk Blouse: The uniform I always pack with me is a button down blouse and pair of jeans. It’s simple but elegant and can translate to almost any environment. I usually pack a silk blouse so it can be dressed up or dressed down. Also if you notice the whole color palette of my packing is muted and cool. Stick to like colors so you can mix and match your clothes together when traveling with limited packing space.
5. Dress: I always pack along a dress in my carry-on. This one is great because I can easily fold it and not worry about the wrinkles. Whatever dress you pack, make sure the material is easily foldable, or that you can roll it in your suitcase to avoid wrinkles since there is no room for a steamer in your small bag.
6. Shoes: This is likely always my hardest decision. I always pull out at least 5 pairs and weigh my options. Wear your heaviest and most structured shoe during your travels to save space in your suitcase. I love this pair of flat leather slides because they virtually take up no space and are also great to walk around in. I have to think comfort and style and this pair is always on my packing list.
7. Hat: Whether it’s a felt hat like this one, or a straw hat for a tropical trip, I love to take a hat with me to add a great accessory to my classic looks. This won’t be packed inside your bag but I always wear my hats on a travel day. I promise it’s worth hat hair for having a favorite accessory with you.
photos by Felicia Lasala
*Rebate is in the form of an Alcon Visa Prepaid Card. Must be a new patient to DAILIES TOTAL1® or DAILIES® AquaComfort Plus® contact lenses and must purchase an annual supply of DAILIES TOTAL1® or DAILIES® AquaComfort Plus® contact lenses within 90 days of eye exam and/or contact lens fitting. Applies to purchases from participating retailers only. Visit DAILIESCHOICE.com for full terms and conditions. Offer ends 6/30/2017.
I received financial compensation and free DAILIES TOTAL1® contact lenses as part of my participation in this Alcon sponsorship program.
Ask your eye care professional for complete wear, care, and safety information. Caution: U.S. federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a licensed eye care professional.
As always, I always want to be transparent with you all about my partnerships and thank you so much for supporting eat/sleep/wear. It truly helps me to continue this blog and share my life with you all. So thank you.