Best Mai Tai RecipeCourse: DrinksCuisine: Other world cuisineDifficulty: Easy
The best Mai Tai recipe I have used that combines the perfect amount of sweetness and deliciousness!
1 ounce light rum
1 ounce dark rum
1/2 ounce orgeat (almond) syrup (I used Monin)
1/2 orange liqueur (I used Cointreau)
3 ounces pineapple juice
pineapple cubes for garnish
mint for garnish
pebbled ice bought from sonic (10lb bag for $2!)
- Pour crushed ice into your cocktail glass.
- Combine light rum, orgeat, and orange liqueur in a shaker with ice. Shake well until chilled and pour over ice into your cup.
- Add pineapple juice and stir.
- Add dark rum on top, add garnish, and add straw. This is important to add the dark rum last to get a little separation. I didn’t for some of these and it makes a big difference in the presentation of your cocktail. Learn from my mistakes 😉
- *FOR MOCKTAIL: Replace light rum with orange juice. Replace dark rum with sparkling lemon water. Replace Cointreau with fresh lemon juice. Follow instructions above with the ingredient modifications*
- Pour that cocktail, play some Hawaiian tunes, and get in the island vibe. I am usually not a sweet drink person but this cocktail has the perfect amount of sweetness and I think the almond syrup is the secret ingredient. I also never knew you could buy pebbled ice from Sonic and called my local shop and bought it in the drive through for $2 bucks! Feel like the ice really elevates the cocktail and makes me feel like I am having a drink out at my favorite resort.
BEST MAI TAI RECIPE + MOCKTAIL – News Headline Break - […] Combine light rum, orgeat,… contine reading… […]
Celyn - I am loving the sound of this! It looks and sounds delicious and refreshing!
Life is a Shoe