We cook with our Instant Pot every single week in our house. It’s such a quick and easy way to cook a meal when you don’t have much time on your hands. I also love easy meals that make great leftovers for us and Otis. We are pretty lucky that Otis eats everything we eat but having foods that are tailored to him in bite sized pieces just make our life a little easier. We have been making this dish weekly because it’s just so simple and re-heats really great. What I love is that the chicken and rice are staples and you can swap out different vegetables easily to change up this meal. Hope you enjoy this one and tag me if you make it so I can see your creations! Happy Cooking.
Instant Pot Chicken with Rice and Vegetables
Makes dinner for 4 people with leftovers
- 1-2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 C white rice
- 1 1/2 C chicken broth
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 1 eggplant chopped
- 1 lb package chicken thighs (I prefer thighs for flavor)
- freshly chopped parsley, basil or whatever fresh herb you have on hand for garnish
- Preheat Instant Pot by pushing the “Sauté” button. Add in onions and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add bell peppers, rice, and chicken broth and stir. Add eggplant and stir.
- Place chicken on top of mixture (don’t stir) and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Close lid and hit “pressure cook” button on high and adjust time to 15 minutes.
- Release pressure, remove lid and shred chicken. Stir in your freshly chopped herbs and serve. Enjoy!