This recipe has been on repeat in this house. It’s ridiculously easy and to call it a recipe is even a stretch. Basically it’s a “dump and cook” kinda meal and you know what? This Trader Joe’s bruschetta sauce is made of roman tomatoes, olive oil, basil and garlic and it’s seriously so good I buy two containers at a time and keep them in my fridge. This mama is all about that kind of easy dinner. What is great about this meal is that Otis loves it too. Hope you can add this easy weeknight meal to your routine. You won’t be disappointed. Another thing to note is you can use any kind of chicken. Whether it’s chicken tenders, thighs, or breasts, just adjust your cooking time if you need more based on the chicken thickeness. Also I use whatever mozzarella I have on hand. The shredded mozzarella does melt the best in a thin layer but if you have mozz balls or a log on hand you can easily use those for the same effect. My advice is cut them as small or thin as you can and layer on top. This “recipe” is meant to be a time saver and just be an easy throw together kind of thing. Honestly, it’s not a recipe. But I hope you enjoy it!
Baked Trader Joes Bruschetta Chicken Dinner
Makes dinner for 4 people with leftovers
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 container trader joe’s bruschetta sauce
- Canola spray
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat over to 425.
- Spray inside of baking dish with canola oil to prevent food from sticking.
- Lay chicken in a flat layer covering the bottom of the baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon bruschetta mixture evenly on top of chicken. Do not pour the whole container on since there is a lot of liquid in it and that will make everything watery. Scooping takes more time but I promise you will get a better result.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of chicken in a thin layer.
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. You can use a meat thermometer or just slice a piece of chicken open to check if it’s done.
That’s it! It’s such an easy meal to pull together on a night you just don’t have time to think. Please tag me in your photos if you decide to make it and it’s turns out great! Like I said, this one is Otis and parents approved. Enjoy!